Set a Goal, Believe, Achieve!
The students have been working hard to learn the Knowledge form, to perform their contact skill, self-defense skills, to develop better fitness level and perform their agility challenges, and understand the importance of our cycle tenet: “Knowledge”. It is now time to achieve the next level of success by testing for the next rank. If you or your children are unfamiliar with these terms, or they don’t have their stripes, there is still one week left. Show up as often as you can and get ready. THIS IS A GIANT STEP IN YOUR JOURNEY. Promotional testing is on Oct 17 and 18. There will be no regular classes on these days (except for the Friday morning 6:30 AM class).
If you are unsure about meeting the basic requirements and the readiness to test, talk to Mr K as soon as possible. If you miss this opportunity, the next time you can test will be in late December. Every cycle has different test requirements so you will still need to learn new skills and earn new stripes.
- You should have received a test registration email from Journey MA. The email includes a link for online registration. No hassle, no waiting in line at school. Just register at your convenience.
Why should I or my Child test:
- Testing is a measure of progress and achievements in your Martial Arts Journey. Celebrate and measure your achievements.
What is remediate/late test:
- It is possible that during the test, we may lose focus or have an off day and not perform to our best ability. This may result in a “no change” status. Students get one more chance to fix the problems they may have encountered during the remediation time.
- Student who decide not to test on Friday and test on Saturday instead, that is considered late testing but there is no remediation option available to those students.
What to wear:
- All tests are done in FULL Journey MA uniforms only
- Proper belt tie with (all stripes on the right side)
When can a student join and become a member?
Students can join ANYTIME during a cycle. You do not need to wait for a cycle to be finish in order to start your Journey.
What happens in class when there are different students with different ranks and color belts?
The training segments are designed to allow different ranks to participate in the same class but perform the techniques at their rank level. Not everyone does the same technique. As students achieve higher level of mastery in the art, they will be challenged for more advanced skills.
What if I am a transferring student or have trained before?
Discuss options with Mr. K. Most frequently the student is assessed to determine the proper rank at Journey. Not all Martial Arts schools follow similar ranking and technical skill.
Post Pictures - Share Memories
Many family members take pictures during classes and events. Please share your pictures and memories.
At Journey Martial Arts, we strive to keep an open communication with our members. We provide most current news and updates on our Facebook page.
We encourage you to visit us on:
Please help us promote the page and share your comments, thoughts, and experiences with us.
Ask for a Guest Pass!
Next time you take a class, ask for a Guest Pass. You can get a $20 referral fee.
Notes from Mrs. K.
What about those shoes?
Just a note … shoes are required for entry into the school but not on the mats.
Why? During the workout, your hands are on the mats, you roll around on the mats… We clean the mats every night after the last class but dirty feet coming in from the street tracks in dirt.
So, please tell your kids to wear shoes (slip-on shoes are fine) – less dirt is tracked in. Mats still get dirty but not as bad.
Thanks and can’t wait to see you on the mat!