Rank Testing Information
The Taekwondo Rank testing for the current cycle (Knowledge) is in three weeks. Wow! For many of you, this is your first testing. What an awesome step in your Martial Arts journey!
Students will be assessed on all the skills that they are developing in class. Rank testing requirements vary for different belt levels and age groups. Eligibility:
- Must have the minimum number of class attendance (10 for White; 12 for Yellow and Orange; and 14 for Green and Blue)
- Must have all required stripes (5 for kids and 4 for Teens and Adults)
- White and Yellow belt Kids through Adult programs are assessed for Form, fitness/agility, self-defense, and contact skills. Kids and PreSchool are also assessed for life-skills.
- Other color belts, based on their rank, also get assessed for board breaking, one-steps, and sparring skills.
- PreSchool age must have 5 stripes to advance to next level or graduate and move to the kids program.
What if I am not ready to test:
- You can schedule private lessons. One lesson counts as a class credit
- Students who do not wish to test, will have opportunity to test at each rank test cycle. The test requirements for each cycle will vary.
Why should I or my Child test:
- Testing is a measure of progress and achievements in your Martial Arts Journey. Celebrate and measure your achievements.
How do I register:
- You will get a registration notification via email. Read through the upcoming events. Just log into your account and follow the steps
- Need to talk to someone? Just stop by. We walk you through it.
What to wear:
- All tests are done in FULL Journey MA uniforms only
- Proper belt tie with (all stripes on the right side)
Where: At Journey Martial Arts. Just show up 10 min earlier before test.
Important upcoming dates
Rank testing: (no regular classes)
Oct 17 at 6:30 or 7:30 PM
Oct 17 at 5:30 PM (preschool eval)
Remediation/late test: (no 9 AM class)
Oct 18 at 9:00 AM
Award Ceremony: (no classes)
Oct 20 at 6:00 PM (All ages)
Last day to register for testing:
Oct 16 (Register online)
Oct 14 (Register in Person)
Halloween Party: (Ask for details)
Oct 25 at 6:00 – 8:00
Full Uniform Week: (no Tees or shorts)
Oct 11 thought 19
Share your ideas
At Journey Martial Arts, we strive to keep an open communication with our members. We provide most current news and updates on our Facebook page.
We encourage you to visit us on:
Please help us promote the page and share your comments, thoughts, and experiences with us.
You can also find us, and share your opinion about our services on Yelp athttp://www.yelp.com/biz/journey-martial-arts-austin and on Google+ athttps://plus.google.com/112700448451365299851/about.
Take pride in what you do
Martial Arts is Journey. From the time of taking the first step, everyone excels at their own pace, leverages their own strength, and overcomes their own challenges. Let’s face it, busy calendars, unexpected events, different physical abilities… How can we all possibly do everything at the same level and pace?
The important thing is to develop the habits that can be sustained, not to get burnt out, enjoy your journey, and take pride in being a member of a family of Martial Artists who all follow the same goal: To do better and improve our quality of lives.
Hard? Yes! Worth it? ABSOLUTELY!
Help a friend to enjoy the same benefit in this journey with you. When you bring someone who registers, you get $20 in cash from us as a token of appreciation.
Notes from Mrs. K.
It’s been an amazing month! I am so excited that you are sharing your children with us and look forward every day to seeing them walk through the door with smiles on their faces.
Parents, you are special too – you are the ones supporting and encouraging your kids in their martial arts journey. We really enjoy talking to you too.
If you ever have any questions or issues, please always remember that we want to hear from YOU!